June 21, 2008

videoke kings & queens

june 8, 2008

i'm proud to say my family knows how to sing. (period)

my sister's 34th birthday was held at home. i used to celebrate my birthdays like the way she held it. hers was always q-u-i-e-t. 'ya know, dinner & a cake at home , surrounded by family & that's it. maybe this time she felt she was losing her touch, growing old too fast, realizing that in a few years time, her kids would be the ones throwing parties w/ their friends. in fairness, my sister doesn't look her age...oh well...i often get the same remark too. here's a recent chat from a workmate:

vince: where do you see yourself in 5 years? me: i'll be 35 by then... vince: woahh..you don't look like you're 35 me: bwehehe vince: seriously, you don't look like you're 30.

when i'm with my mom, people often make the mistake we're sisters. we're a breed of fresh young skin & beauty what i can i say! *:)

back to 'D' day, the noise of the videoke my mom rented bellowed at our garage & gradually woke me up by late afternoon. yeah, i wake up on my days off really late in the afternoon. i just make sure i catch up w/ time w/ my rayna for the remaining hours of the day until she sleeps before 11pm.

the 'songers' were our neighbors but i didn't really complain. i was actually antsy to get my chance on the microphone. ye yea yeah.. i realized lately that i looovvvee to sing. after bathing & a little time w/ my kid, i grabbed the microphone & sang 1 song before i sped off to withdraw since i promised my sister a case of beer that night but i didn't leave any cash after that saturday party.

when i came back, from a brief meet with ryan at timog as well, our garage was already filled with my sister's guests..errr..mostly my brother's hehe.

it was so much fun, everybody had their turn on the microphone & gave all their best. too fun that the party ended 7am the next day!

happy birthday ate! you just threw yourself the most awesome party everrr!






No comments: