June 29, 2008

cynthia @ conspiracy

june 21, 2008, same night

after i sent my daughter, who fell asleep from the long journey, & the rest home, i invited my sister, her bf & my nieces to watch cynthia alexander at the conspiracy bar near home. i was sick that day actually, but that did not hamper me from enjoying of what was left of the evening. i already had 2 bottles of sml at nanay's birthday so why the heck not extend the day for a couple more while watching my favorite local female alternative guitarist & singer. june 21st choked my day up. i had the invite from the coffee break island ska band, my brother's gig somewhere, my lola's birthday, & this one at conspiracy. i obviously decided to go the last 2.
it was my 3rd only at the conspiracy bar. the first was an impulsive visit, irregardless of who played. an rj jimenez night, just to see something w/ JP. the second was like a blast from the past. another impulsive decision to seek refuge in the night there (hehe, exag!), w/ my friend alex. fortunate for us, color it red was the guest band. it was nostalgic, arousing my unwavering love for '90s local rock scenes. cooky played a bunch of songs from her new albums, albums i have not added in my collection, & a very few from the 1st album which i sang along. the bar space is pretty small so the atmosphere there is very intimate. the band is situated on just a foot high platform. since myself & alex were just seated upfront, cooky would randomly chat & tease us while up on stage & while she sipped her 'grandma' (grand matador) at every end of a song. teased because we only knew songs from her 1st album. by the end of the night, the only band member who remained sober, bassist bopit, whom as well is one of the original members of color it red, sat & chatted w/ us for another hour. pictures? gone w/ the wind..err..gone w/ my phone's memory chip.
at cynthia's gig, i still recognized 98% of the songs she played & sang along. cynthia noticed how i engaged i was with her pieces she asked me to write the line up . too bad coz i only know the songs but never had memorized the titles..



awesome shots below:
w/ bayang barrios
coolest pic ever. w/ my nieces. they called this shot the 'new generation'
& myself w/ cynthia

No comments: