June 13, 2008

espasoul

may 23, 2008

remember my post 1 or 2 years ago when i watched a gig at the saGuijo bar here in makati? & coincidentally met my grade school & highschool class mate nelson (aka jon) padilla?

we exchanged sms recently. it started when i got inspired by how i successfully (not minding the number) cooked up the skycablenet's reunion last month. i reached out for my schoolmates back in immaculate, my alma mater, for a similar engagement. my attempt failed though. the weather was awful on the date we scheduled it. the communication didn't stop there for some of us. jon & i chatted about their band 'chillitees' & lucky for my timing, they were soon to launch their 2nd album 'espasoul'. he sent me an sms invite so off i went w/ a friend.

it was held at the pablo art gallery at the cubao shoe expo, formerly know as the marikina shoe expo. i got iggy when i heard the place. it was my numero uno there, to watch a gig, or shop or dine even. i passed by a few posts from my kumareng ayn's blog site recounting her visits to the art galleries & the gigs she sessioned with scarlet tears. she gave me a tip before i went. she suggested that i try halo cafe's (just 1 store away from the pablo art gallery) specialty, the malunggay pasta.

we got there by 9pm..err..because that's the time jon asked us to come. we ate at halo's first, strolled a few of the still open galleries & stores. dj mickecons & eggboy played their pieces first to warm up the evening's mood. free bacardi shots were given away, shirts & cd's sold at reasonable prices. we bought ourselves shirts by the way. didn't bother to buy those cd's since jon promised me a complimentary copy which he later on gave me at another gig at il ponticello. sandwich played next, & it was past midnight already. after 4 songs, chillitees' alternative but soulful melodies rocked & 'chilled' the cubao expo atmosphere up to 3am.

here's jon after the gig
testing
sandwich (mong alcaraz me HD ako sayo! woohoo!)

chillitees' merchandise

eula, my friend got this poster

jon, i got this naman

may 28, 2008

2nd time around. i got my complimentary cd from jon. done at a 2nd floor bar at il ponticello, valero, makati city. first time there again. it was a music local's pa-gig. i got to see up dharma down up close & personal for the first time too. kewlness *:)

No comments: