January 5, 2009

giving on christmas day

what makes me most particularly giddy anticipating the christmas season is the gift giving! unlike last year, i had saved enough cash to get a gift for each member of my family, friends & a few officemates.
here's what i got for each of them:
for my parents - wensha spa & wellness gift certificates each. was supposed to get platform sandals for mom at the people are people shop but they ran out of sizes & a polo shirt for dad but noticed that it had been years that we've been giving him the latter so i wanted to make it different & unexpected this time.
for my daughter - i bought the mini-motorcycle she's been craving for everytime we went to the toy kingdom.
for my partner - a couple of shirts & a bag/case for his brand new playstation 3. yeba! exciting except for the fact that the games are uber expensive! ps3's are still unmodifiable as they have just been recently released unlike the ps2 where one can buy 100 peso above pirated games on cd's all over metro manila. we were lucky enough to find a stall at the market market shopping mall for a less than 3k game. good thing we're surrounded with ps3 owners who lent us a handful of games in addition to a couple we purchased.
for my sister - a cutesy pair of red disney infant rubber shoes for my soon-to-arrive nephew.
for nieces trisha & nik - (in addition to cash) a couple of osh kosh knee high printed socks for nik & art-y pair of hip stockings for trish.
for rye's mom, a couple of my uncles & their families - stone wall crosses i got for a very reasonable price at eastwood.
for 6 of my friends at work, sam, alex, saleng, shiela - balls of rose & lavender bath salts from watson.
for my daughter's yaya - a pack of nail polishes & a cologne.
for one of my tita's & my 2 grandmothers - colorful scented candles.
for my brother - 3 t-shirts.
for my boss - bath salts, oil & sponge from watson.
for one of my tita's - a can of danish cookies.
& small tokens each for mga inaanak, cousins & friends' kids.
it never mattered if i was left w/ only a few pesos in my wallet from the shopping when it's time to take out the gifts under the christmas tree & witness the sheer joy i bring to my loved ones when they open their respective gifts. it always felt really good *:)
next post, the gifts my daughter & myself received & with photos this time!

No comments: