January 13, 2009

cat hunt!

can't shake off this cat-craze episode i'm having!
you see, my nieces are having their birthdays this month & i thought of the perfect gift!
i've been a dog fanatic ever since but that has changed since my chow chow nala, my shih tzu chami & the recent dachshund i purchased all died either from street accidents or disease. i still am a canine devotee, i just couldn't get another one because imported lines are expensive! i got nala for almost 20k & she gave me constant headaches because of her perpetual skin issues. needless to say, maintaining one would eat all my time as no one else in the house shares that task w/ me, as always!
i assume turning to felines would be a tad easier. we've always had stray cats at home but we never took these cats inside. none of these cats are sick & we don't even give a rat's ass how they do or what they eat! they're noticeably healthy animals living at our backyard, unrequiring our attention, & they are still alive!
one time, nicole, my niece, brought home a stray kitten she caught at the hospital during one of her check-ups & brought her home. the kitten was amusingly sweet we treated her like a pet until one day she just disappeared after the new years! we all got disheartened by her loss & we truly miss her. that's when i began hunting for a new pet.
i'm bringing in a cat tomorrow as a present for my nieces! a 1 year old traditional persian pure-white cat. we'll call him whisky. the name: courtesy of rye. nice diba??

No comments: