February 22, 2009

up fair amp11fied

february 11, 2009
up diliman
the up fair never gets old, neither do i...or do i?... sigh...
i joined my brother, plus my friend alex, to accompany & see my brother's childhood friend bjorn play for slapshock again.
we entered through the backstage as usual & eventually mixed w/ the crowd. it was past midnight when we arrived so all the established rock bands were already in the line up; that includes the band we chaperon(ed), slapshock. the rest were parokya ni edgar, kamikazee, cheese, chicosi, urbandub & moonstar 88.
alex & myself pigged out at the tapsilugan stalls w/ meat loaf + sunny side up egg + fried garlic rice & alex w/ tokwa't (tofu) baboy (pig meat) & lugaw (porridge). prior to settling at that tapsilugan, we shared a big slice of an all-meat flavor yellow cab pizza.
there were not too many tiangge stalls anymore as we noticed so after pigging out, we just returned to the backstage.
myself & alex were saying to each other every hour: "uwi na tayo (let's go home), i feel too old for this already!" hahaha
but ofcourse we ended up waiting for chicosi to finish for my brother ian & ariel agreed to meet up for some drinks after the show.

the slap boy bjorn on guitars *:)


bored, so we just took pictures of ourselves

including the folks outside the backstage & myself staring at a blank wall ahehe

No comments: