September 15, 2008

tara

i forgot to mention that the event held at saguijo on the 4th (posted below) was a benefit/fundraising gig for tara bosch-santelices (guitartist of saffron speedway, stormy & a regular guitar sessionist for scarlet tears).
tara is the girl who got shot in the head during a holdup aboard a jeepney ride along cainta on the eve of her birthday. more details found in this news report.
after the incident, numerous fundraising gigs have been set, extending to strangers (like me), to support her family in paying the medical bills (she has shown slow, but remarkable progress the past weeks).
i have not met tara. not even through my kumareng ayn's band scarlet tears. the news came to me via sms the day after, through my coffee break island contact. only later did i learn that she is the bandmate/friend of my kumare.
i went to route 196 for one of the benefit gigs last week of august. i finally saw scarlet tears but minus my friend ayn *:(
i got introduced to strikingly talented bands though like cherry cornflakes & good leaf.
scarlet tears' kat

No comments: