May 16, 2007

elevation

april 23

came to work, did my usual duty as a senior helpdesk analyst & magic administrator. the bosses were having several meetings. everyone was becoming anxious. at 10pm, my supervisor called my attention, held me inside the conference room, then dropped the bomb. "you have been promoted to a NOC supervisor". whooah!!! wasn't expecting that!

ecstatic? yes. why not? higher pay, a favorable career path, free parking pass, superiority..etc.. but the timing? nothing to be very enthusiastic about. there's an ongoing salary realignment in the global technology employees, causing alot of chaos & retaliation amongst the group. we already lost 2 exceptional employees due to the fact & more upcoming resignations. how could i gratify myself from this new position if my team is understaffed & those who are left are less motivated to do their work?
oh well....good luck to myself....

No comments: