December 29, 2007

free breakfast, henna tattoo, body massage, milkshakes & the congress blast

november 13

the girls woke up earlier than myself. i heard them banging the door of my room several times but i just couldn't wake up! anyhow, as i got up by 9am, i headed outside to find most of them already having breakfast at the resort's restaurant. i took my free meal stub from the receptionist & got myself my first day's meal of 'longsilog' & coffee.

some of us hurriedly went back to our rooms to change. i was still wearing my pajamas when i took my breakfast.
as i got back out, i went along w/ some of my officemates for a little shopping at 'd'mall'. i got myself 2 colorful shell chimes to hang at the end corners of my room to compliment the various hues from my daughter's stuffed animals, blankets, curtain & toys. it was perfect!

right before shopping, we took snapshots at one of the man-made sand castles

after shopping, we found everybody lined up to get their henna tattoos. i went looking for another tattoo stand & fortunately found one isolated & empty & got inked. ofcourse we had to dry up our tattoos for 2 hours so we couldn't get wet yet & went back to 'd'mall' for more shopping. eventually getting hungry, we looked somewhere for a place to eat lunch. by the 2nd day, not everyone was 'all in once place' unlike the day before, so we weren't able to communicate everyone's whereabouts & had to eat in different eateries by different groups. we ate near the market stalls at a place which servers fresh hot 'bulalo'. we ordered several other viands like 'bicol express' , 'pinakbet', ' sizzling gambas' & 'mango salad'. yummy!

getting inked

right beside the 'bulalo eatery', a stall was selling delicacies for 3 pieces for a P100. i bought a few for take-home.

at the beach, allen & pope were already skim boarding & the rest were already swimming so we hurried back to our rooms, changed to our swim wears & dipped in the clear blue waters of boracay. we went out of the waters before dawn, showered up & pampered ourselves more w/ body massages right outside of the resort. we had 1 hour sessions each for P350.

by 8-9pm, we went walking towards the other end of the beach looking for another place for dinner. this time we walked & dined collectively. before we reached our destination, shiela who was walking w/ me received a text message from her boyfriend that the congress hall in quezon city was bombed & that it was all over the news. w/ no luxury of having a television at the beachfront & away from the resort, we were all second-guessing so everybody who brought their cellphones called their loved ones, especially myself. the congress building is just across our subdivision. i called home & they said the blast 'jolted' our house. i stayed on the call & made sure my daughter's in her room & checked anyone who might still be outside, or near congress. fortunately everyone was home except my dad who was somewhere still far from our area & only sent the news to me via sms as well. the bombing killed a congressman & 3 others.

calling home

after the brief stopover, we decided to get dinner at jonah's restaurant which apparently was famous for it's fruit & milk shakes. for dinner, we stuffed ourselves w/ calamares, baked shellfish, chicken & sinigang plus. we were done by 11pm.

posed with my jonah's mocha-peanut milkshake

No comments: