August 8, 2007

HK panic

mom's hounding me for the hongkong trip treat i promised her since last year. she failed the canada visa interview this year so to help alleviate her frustration, i made a promise to treat her abroad since she has never left the country, ever. she's studying again for a second interview w/c the canadian embassy has yet to schedule.

anyway, cebu pacific dropped prices on airfare so i reserved the lowest fare for september (august was sold-out). i paid via credit card via phone 2nd week of july. by end of july, i got so freakin' mad & felt so badly cheated by the airline. they dropped the airfare prices by 50% as an impromptu marketing strategy. i vented my frustration & anger to the agent i spoke to & eventually asked for a supervisor. it was so unfair for my part coz not only was it 50%, i paid for seats scheduled on very late flights just to get their 'supposed' lowest airfare rate! also, they were advertising in their website & their hotline IVR that customers book their flights early to avail of the lowest rates! eventually, through several debates & disputes & points given w/ the callcenter's team leader, i was suggested to what she said was her 'best' advise, to refund my previous payment, refund fee waived, then book again. downside is, credit card refunds take about 2 months or more so i have to wait til then.

anyhow, i have been browsing the net daily for any travel & shopping tips i can find. been looking for the best but cheapest hotel nearest the shopping districts in HK. i have yet to book for one, deciding whether i'll book through a travel agency who has a disneyland trip on the side. so wish me luck!

reserving was easy, despite my very busy schedule at work. i was still in deep waters with my project last month, expected to please the users so i had to not only expedite but modify alot of the items i've already finished. inbetween, i had to train our techs from the UK on how to use the application, work w/ the application's vendor whose techs are from india, to troubleshoot some of the issues i was running into during the development.

i just went back to the supervisor chair last monday & all's been running smoothly still. gladly enough, i received compliments from my manager on my first day on how i handled, w/ my team ofcourse, a critical outage.

1 comment:

Clodette said...

Knowing you, I'm sure the project's perfect. And btw, I think your promotion is overdue by at least a year! :)

About the HK trip, try to visit
loneplanet.com for suggestions on the hotels and places to see. That site helped me a lot when I was planning my SG-Thailand trip last year. Saved a lot of money on that.

Take lots of pics ok?!