August 20, 2006

hunting cakes

today is the 4th day of my 12-hr shift experience. i covered for carol's PM shift last weekend, and for april this week. darn! these girls are abusing me! joke.. heheh ... *:P.

the other teams are now forcibly working the new 12-hr shifting scheme. fortunately, my team of 4 stayed with the 9-hr shift in the afternoons. there's a downside though, we're the filler team as well. as the word obviously implies, we act as substitutes for staff who absents or on vacation. there's an option as well to go on-call, that's why i was given a company phone, during dead periods or weekends, albeit not having experienced it yet. i was always needed to be on board.

i just hope i'd get to my normal shift for a straight week next week. of all the shifts i've been through, the afternoon shift is the most convenient for me. i don't have to wake up very early and ride the MRT (bringing a car loads up my expenses and the traffic's worse during the afternoons when heading home), the graveyard shift is ok for me too but gives me less time to care for my daughter since i'm asleep all throughout the morning and afternoon. the mid-shift gives me extended sleep time and i can tend to my baby's morning needs like feeding and bathing. it's a little problematic for me these days coz my brother has already got a callcenter job which he goes to every weekday nights so that means a squabble on who'll bring the SUV to work. he has been bringing it, together w/ my cousin mike who also got in the same job, daily last week. good enough coz i spent a 4-day off last week since i covered for a 12-hr shift. not bringing a car to work on my normal shift would mean commuting home very late in the evening. the shift ends at 12am. oh i don't know what to do. i am so paranoid when i ride taxis late at night.

anyway, i've started browsing through the internet, even if we're not permitted to...hihi, for ideas for my daughter's 1st bday. my hipag sam, taught me which sites to go so i started with the femalenetwork forums. it was overflowing with information! apart from several options, from cakes to performers to balloons to caterers to venues, they've got contest suggestions too! speaking of cakes, i ran into this cake library, by a lady artisit. her cake designs were several times featured in newspapers and was critically acclaimed for it. i got so amused by the decors on the cakes i copied the images. well, what they only have in their image gallery were wedding cakes and here they are. enjoy the beauty of it all!












i got so fascinated by the pillow designed cake. i wonder if those are really layers of icing and bread? if i'd have to choose one for my future wedding, i'd love to get either of the last flower-layered cakes at the bottom. i just hope they're yummy apart from being very pretty. the taste is very important to me. i love eating cakes!!!

2 comments:

pusa said...

hiya genna, wow cute ng bebe mo ;) ambilis ah malapit na sya mag-1...mommy ka na talaga hehehe.

anyways, i linked your blog to mine

Mauro C. said...

Hi there!

Can you help me to promote this challenge?

I’m trying to post 1 Million Love Messages from All around The World in my Blog.

Readers write and dedicate the message to someone special, send it by e-mail, and I post it in 1 Million Love Messages

It’s a big challenge, I know.
But I believe that everybody has something to say to someone special.

I’ll wait for your visit and for your messages.
Thanks for your attention and compliments from Portugal.