June 17, 2006

mommy's day

6/12

my mom's bday. 50th i think (what kind of a daughter does not know her mom's age!!). it was the country's independence day as well. so it's a given that on every independence day, there's a party at home. my mom had kept herself busy since friday preparing for 'the' day. she shopped friday, went to the market on saturday, and prepared and pre-cooked some of the food on sunday. she was expecting ex-school mates from st. augustine, neighbors and ofcourse, all of her her-side relatives. we celebrated ate anna and nanay's birthday as well. ate anna's was last 8th and nanay's the 14th. our relatives brought in more food. the baked mac and buko pandan were fantastic!

the first to appear were her friends from st. augustine. my mom finished a care-giver cause from that school hoping to get to canada soon. being the perky, ageless mom she has been, she has befriended alot of her classmates who were just my age (or younger). it was fun watching them doing the beso-beso and listening to their tsikas. as if my mom was just one of 'em. dad, as usual, created the noise in the house. he played dvd concerts in the living room, played music cds at the porch and played games or played music at the computer...well...just one at a time. anyway, ate anna and i watched avril, evanescence anmd 311 concerts in the living room. my daughter was still asleep then. our relatives arrived in 2 hours. everybody ate around 3pm. my daughter was passed on to everyone who would happen to want to cuddle & play with her. dad went drinking with my titos back at the garage while my mom's friends drank white wine at the porch. i went tending to my daughter whenever my relatives grew tired of holding her or when she asked for milk and attention from me. oh, tylord came too! most of my relatives went home around 6pm. i was asked to drive my other relatives to cubao around 7pm. mom's friends already left round that time. before i went home i bought mom a cake, signed with a bday greeting for her and ate anna.

here's some pictures:


the bday mom; cousin abby & trisha on the side

setting up the food; mom w/ her school friends


w/ daddy; w/ tita baby

cousins; mom w/ nanay



baby booboo!!
my tito norbie left for australia again that same afternoon. he went home to only spend a week here but had to go back for work.
nanay gave us some of my tita thelma (in canada) daughter's recent pictures. my cousin, danika, is almost 2 years old and is half-canadian, half-french and half-filipina. she's such a darling in her pictures! i am so hoping to see her soon!
danika

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Genna,

Thanks for posting Danika's picture on your blog. I'm working nights again for 6x. Take care.